Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stolen Ring on Facebook

I came across a very interesting article today on All Facebook. The article is about how a young couple is in trouble with the law because of a stolen engagement ring. The girl posted a picture of the ring on her Facebook page saying how much she loved her boyfriend. Her cousin ended up recognizing the ring. It turns out, the ring was stolen along with some other items from his friend’s house. He told some friends and one of the friends told the police.

Now the couple is facing criminal charges for theft. It just goes to show, you should be careful what you post because you never know who is going to see it. Obviously, it is a good thing that they got caught however this can apply to anything. I remember a while ago, I was reading an article about a woman who had a friend traveling in Europe. The friend saw a picture of the woman with her family in a store window. It turns out, this store found the picture on either Myspace of Facebook. Social media sites are great tools however they definitely have some down sides.

If you would like to check out the article you can find it here: http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-picture-of-diamond-ring-lands-couple-in-jail-2011-03

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweet Dee,

    This article was hilarious! I guess there aren't many smart people out there. Facebook and other social network sites should be the last place you would ever post anything especially if you know that you are going to get in trouble for it. Many people don't realize that when you are on Facebook, you're literally on stage and everyone is watching you every second of the day and the scary thing is you don't know who's particularly is creeping on your page since there is no tracker system. I hope that this example will help people to be a little more discrete with their personal information. Lastly, thanks sharing this article, I couldn’t stop laughing on how silly people can be!

    ReplyDelete