Friday, April 29, 2011

The World-Wide Web

I found The World-Wide Web article very interesting. I still find it so fascinating that the Internet became popular not that long ago. This article was written in 1994 and the World-Wide Web has come so far since then. First of all, we don’t even refer to it as the World-Wide Web anymore. Secondly, the Internet has grown larger than I think anyone anticipated. I for one don’t know what I would do without Google, let alone the Internet.

This article discussed a few main ideas. The first one talks about what the World-Wide Web is. When the article talked about Gopher and WAIS, I had never heard of those Internet services before. The World-Wide Web definitely outlasted them.

The article also talked about where W3 is going. I find this interesting because of course we already know where it went. However, the Internet is still growing and expanding so I think it will be interesting to see where we go from here.

I am not the most technologically savvy person so I liked learning about what some of the Internet lingo meant. The term that I found most interesting was HTML. I had no idea that it meant Hypertext Markup Language. Overall, the article was very informative. I feel like I understand the evolution of the Internet a little bit more now.

1 comment:

  1. I am not the most technologically savvy person so I liked learning about what some of the Internet lingo meant. The term that I found most interesting was HTML. I had no idea that it meant Hypertext Markup Language. Overall, the article was very informative. I totally agree with this comment! I was actually and honestly annoyed with the article because I didnt understand all the network lingo. I have heard that there isnt enough room left for www because theyre all about to be taken so theyre inventing new ones... We will hsee...Also the html I had no idea what it was or meant prior to the reading.

    ReplyDelete