Hey Sweet Dee, I found this Facebook article very interesting. I just can't believe we are using social media to spread information about terror alerts. It is a very smart idea because half of the people in the United States use social media sites to get information and news. But I don't understand is whey they are having two levels of terror alerts. Should they have all five? Because what is the difference between elevated and imminent. I would think that both are the same but I think many people wont know the difference. So I think it is key for the government to explain the difference because publishing terror alerts on Facebook may cause an outcry among the American people. The idea is smart it just needs some organization so it can function properly.
I think this is definitely needed especially because Facebook runs our world now. This is a great way to help prevent violence and help take precaution for the future. Being able to get the message out to the world through any source of media is a wonderful thing, and the more people informed, the better! Facebook has not only become a social networking site, but a way to find out what is going on in our world today! Facebook continues to amaze me, and it is doing great things!
This was a very interesting article to read. I cannot believe the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will begin issuing terror alerts via Facebook and Twitter starting the end of this month. Facebook has been hit with Virus attack and now the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. I guess this will be good, and the article said, “Some terror warnings could be withheld from the public if announcing a threat would risk exposing an intelligence operation or an ongoing investigation, according to the government’s confidential plan.”I wonder if the government can see all of our information, or spy on us by using this alert feature. Great blog, this was a short article but interesting.
I think that it is very smart of the government to utilize social networking sites like facebook and twitter for terror alerts. I, for one, feel like my twitter news feed and my facebook wall constantly keep me updated with things like current events, friends lives, tv shows, etc. I think facebook and twitter status updates are great for immediacy. And I know that people with busy lives, especially those of students, we don’t always have the time to read the newspaper or watch the news. And facebook and twitter may be the best and fastest way to reach us.
Hey Sweet Dee, I found this Facebook article very interesting. I just can't believe we are using social media to spread information about terror alerts. It is a very smart idea because half of the people in the United States use social media sites to get information and news. But I don't understand is whey they are having two levels of terror alerts. Should they have all five? Because what is the difference between elevated and imminent. I would think that both are the same but I think many people wont know the difference. So I think it is key for the government to explain the difference because publishing terror alerts on Facebook may cause an outcry among the American people. The idea is smart it just needs some organization so it can function properly.
ReplyDeleteGreat article!
ReplyDeleteI think this is definitely needed especially because Facebook runs our world now. This is a great way to help prevent violence and help take precaution for the future. Being able to get the message out to the world through any source of media is a wonderful thing, and the more people informed, the better! Facebook has not only become a social networking site, but a way to find out what is going on in our world today! Facebook continues to amaze me, and it is doing great things!
This was a very interesting article to read. I cannot believe the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will begin issuing terror alerts via Facebook and Twitter starting the end of this month. Facebook has been hit with Virus attack and now the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. I guess this will be good, and the article said, “Some terror warnings could be withheld from the public if announcing a threat would risk exposing an intelligence operation or an ongoing investigation, according to the government’s confidential plan.”I wonder if the government can see all of our information, or spy on us by using this alert feature. Great blog, this was a short article but interesting.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is very smart of the government to utilize social networking sites like facebook and twitter for terror alerts. I, for one, feel like my twitter news feed and my facebook wall constantly keep me updated with things like current events, friends lives, tv shows, etc. I think facebook and twitter status updates are great for immediacy. And I know that people with busy lives, especially those of students, we don’t always have the time to read the newspaper or watch the news. And facebook and twitter may be the best and fastest way to reach us.
ReplyDelete